If you are taking regular medication you can obtain repeat prescriptions via the receptionist.
You can also order online via the link at the top of this page
Requests in writing only - we do not accept requests over the telephone.
Please allow 48 hours and collect after 14:00 or send a SAE and we will be pleased to post it to you.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Over the Counter Medicines
Prescribing of over the counter medicines is changing. Please click here for further information.
Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD)
REPEAT DISPENSING is a new service which is being applied to GP surgeries and pharmacies nationwide. It enables your GP practice to issue your repeat prescriptions up to 12 months in advance. Your medication will still be reviewed by your GP regularly and you will still go and collect your medication as normal from your nominated pharmacy either monthly or two monthly.
Repeat dispensing is a huge benefit to your GP practice, but it also has benefits for you:
Do you want to save time? Has your regular medication been the same for the past 6 months?
- You do not have to remember to order it every month as your prescription has already been issued
- If you forget your medication whilst on holiday in the UK, with your permission, your prescription can be retrieved from any system
- Support your local GP surgery. Your GP will only need to sign one prescription per batch of medication, which in turn saves time and improves patient safety
If you are happy to go onto the REPEAT DISPENSING system, please follow the link below and hand the completed form to reception.
If you have any questions you can ask at your local pharmacy or enquire about it with the prescription clerk or Practice Pharmacist
‘Our practice is collaborating with NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) which is providing NHS numbers for those patients that may be suitable for electronic repeat dispensing prescriptions. The information is obtained from NHS prescriptions submitted to the NHSBSA. A member of our clinical team will contact these patients soon to explain the benefits of this service.’
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.